Tuesday 29 March 2016

From October through to now...

So, on my last post I showed you an image of what I had been chasing for just over 4 years...the iconic shot of Corfe Castle rising out of mist at sunrise. That one is still one of my favourite images I have ever captured.

So what else have I been up to since then!

Well, as I mentioned in that last post, Melissa and I went on holiday to Padstow in Cornwall for a week. Cornwall is such a beautiful part of the UK, and I wish we were there for more time as I would have loved to have captured more of it on camera.
We took ourselves off to The Eden project, did a boat trip out of Padstow, had an amazing meal at Paul Ainsworth's restaurant called No. 6 (the best meal I've had in goodness knows how long) and generally had a great time. I even managed to convince Melissa to come out for a sunset with me to Trevose Head Lighthouse. She wasn't too keen about the steep climb down to the best vantage point but it was worth it for this image:

On one of the days we went to Tintagel Castle. Blimey, those steps up to it are unforgiving! I was carrying my camera gear with me, so I definitely needed a sit down when we got to the top! Before we faced that climb though, I had a little play at the very bottom, at Melin's Cave:

On our way back to our rented house in Padstow we stopped off at Trebarwith Strand. Honestly, you could spend months wandering around just that part of Cornwall and never become bored of the beautiful surroundings.


After such a beautiful week away in a beautiful part of the country with my beautiful girlfriend, we came back home to plan our combined house warming/Halloween party which about 40 people were coming to. We went all-out on the decorations and costumes ha ha:


It has been such a busy time that I haven't had a great deal of spare time to get out with my camera but there have been a few times that I have been lucky! 


Danebury Hill Fort:

And most recently, the World war 2 "dolphins" at Lepe beach in Hampshire:


I have been doing some portraits as well. Trying to get into that more now and practising as much as possible. I'll show some of those on my next post :-)

Don't forget to sign up for email updates on this blog page to get notified when my next post is live. And, as always, my images are for sale through my website: www.kevinbrownephotography.com

Cheers,

Kevin.


No comments:

Post a Comment